How do I perform a void (gap) analysis for a designated site?

05-22-2018 12:26 PM
Labels (2)
deleted-user-MGw5rx1fXULW
New Contributor III

One of my brokers is looking for a report for this, and I have had to hold her off until I figure it out. The "Business Locator" and "Business Summary" reports are nice and all, but they show what businesses actually exist. She needs to know what doesn't exist so that we can reach out to those businesses/segments specifically. The report she gave me as an example shows a list of specific segments (example: Banks), the users within the designated radius (Chase, Huntington, etc.), and then the users that are outside of the radius (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc). With that information, she can now reach out to BofA and Wells Fargo, and propose this location to them.

How do I do that using the applications I have at my disposal: ArcGIS Pro for Desktop, Business Analyst Online, and ArcGIS Online? This is a valuable tool for commercial real estate. That it isn't easy to figure it out, and that I haven't figured it out yet is quite unsettling.

Thanks!!!

2 Replies
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Christina,

Thank you for the question and describing your use case for void analysis. Currently, we don't have a way to do such void analysis in Business Analyst Web App. I am interested though in learning about a sample void analysis output you want and also what steps you would want to take to generate that. Also, It will be helpful to log this on the ideas website so other users can help validate this need.

We appreciate your valuable input.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava | Product Manager

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

deleted-user-MGw5rx1fXULW
New Contributor III

Good Morning, Praveen -

I submitted the idea onto the Ideas site. I find it very difficult to believe that no one has every suggested the need for this type of report before. Of course, I find it very difficult to believe that Esri does not offer this tool as a basic function. There is a page from a sample report attached from a competing GIS program. Oddly enough, it's the program I used to use before switching to Esri.

Thanks for directing me to that section of the Esri site.

0 Kudos