AnsweredAssumed Answered

I produced a raster map representing estimates of the number inhabitants in pixels of 100x100 meter and I want to calculate the total of inhabitants per administrative units that are represented by polygons such as those shown in the picture. After conver

Question asked by G2016600_NOVAGIS on May 19, 2018
Latest reply on May 24, 2018 by G2016600_NOVAGIS

I produced a raster map representing estimates of the number inhabitants in pixels of 100x100 meter and I want to calculate the total of inhabitants per administrative units that are represented by polygons such as those shown in the picture. After converting those polygons into a raster layer (with a resolution of 100 meter) I'm using Zonal Statistic as Table in ArcGIS to calculate the number of inhabitants per administrative unit. The resultant table has fewer lines than the number of administrative units represented in the raster layer. Therefore I'm losing information for administrative units having an area below 28500 square meters or for administrative units with an irregular geometry such as those highlighted in the picture. The problem persists when I convert the administrative units into a raster layer with a resolution of 25 meter.

Attachments

Outcomes