AnsweredAssumed Answered

I need to know how to create transfer junctions for a multimodal transportation network dataset

Question asked by contactdestiny on May 18, 2018
Latest reply on May 21, 2018 by MMorang-esristaff

I am a college student trying to create a multimodal network for MTA in New York City. However, I learned that having a NYC street feature class, a subway entrance feature class, a bus stop feature class, transit line routes and bus routes are not enough to create a working multimodal network. I need something called "transfer junctions" feature class(es) that connect these sources somehow before I can even begin to use network analyst's create a network wizard. I have read that transfer junctions are point features. I have searched online how to create them but there is nothing that is helpful anywhere. 

How can I create these "transfer junctions" myself? Due to the volume of data that I have, manually using Editor to create them is not feasible for me. I need a tool in ArcMap that can generate them, and I see no such tool available in Network Analyst. I cannot believe ArcGIS's help doesn't explain this well at all. I am a novice at creating networks. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Outcomes