repeat_count resulting in strikeout text showing in select_one dropdowns

Jump to solution
05-21-2018 08:11 AM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a simple survey form with a repeat section.  When I set the repeat_count to a previous integer value input on the form ${counter} the select_one dropdowns display strike-out text once a value is selected.  If I use a fixed value for the repeat_count or leave it blank and use the Add/Delete functionality of the repeat the dropdows are fine. 

I also tried setting using string(${counter}) and int(${counter}) for the repeat_count with the same result. The appearance of the select_one filed are set to minimal.

Any input?

repeat_count set to ${counter} an integer field value, strikeout text displayed in dropdowns:

repeat_cnt set to ${count}

repeat_count set to fixed value of 2, normal text displayed in dropdown:

repeat_count hard coded to value of 2

I attached a sample file that demonstrates the issue.  I did find a few workarounds; 1) place a non-zero value in for the default on the ${counter}, 2) turn off required on the select_one and 3) use a fixed value or do not set the value for the repeat_count.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lance,

Thank you for reporting this behavior with the strike through appearance occurring when a repeat count is set to the value of a previous answer which involves a select_one question.

We are aware of this issue and have it listed in our backlog to fix for an upcoming release of Survey123.  I will add your comments to the existing issue so that we can notify you when a fix has been implemented.  Thank you also for listing the workarounds that you have found.

Best Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lance,

Thank you for reporting this behavior with the strike through appearance occurring when a repeat count is set to the value of a previous answer which involves a select_one question.

We are aware of this issue and have it listed in our backlog to fix for an upcoming release of Survey123.  I will add your comments to the existing issue so that we can notify you when a fix has been implemented.  Thank you also for listing the workarounds that you have found.

Best Regards,

Brandon

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

This has been fixed in the beta version 3.2.264 which is scheduled to be released for production use the end of January 2019.