Begin Repeat with data from a collector hyperlink

Jump to solution
05-18-2018 10:54 AM
CraigSchellenbach1
New Contributor III

I have a survey that I am opening from collector and it is populating some of the fields from the hyperlink. When I launch it however it will not populate fields that are in a begin repeat. Is there a way to accomplish this or maybe a way where I can load information into hidden fields then have something run to populate the first row of that child table?

example : I have a survey where it will load a building address into main form and sometimes there are multiple businesses in the same building. I would like to have that address default into the first begin repeat section in case it's only one business, and if possible be able to have it default is for each repeat.

Any help would be great. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a survey that is setup to start from within Collector and passes data into questions within a Survey123 form. These fields are then used within a repeat set of questions to pass along a master ID for each of the repeats.

You should be able to push the data from Collector into some hidden fields within your form and then use the calculation field within the repeat to continuously update a field within the repeat. If the following answers do not use the exact same address then you could always delete the answer and add in a new one.

Question1 = equals value being passed from Collector

start repeat

RepeatQuestion1 within calculation field place "${Question1} and it should populate the answer.

However, there could be a catch here with my logic above as it would depend on whether your repeat is within a Group or not. I have mine within a group and the Group has a relevant question that needs to be answered in order for the repeated questions to be displayed. In order for me to pass my master ID into my repeat; I need to use an if() statement that basically says if the repeat is displayed then place the value of question1 into my repeat question; if not, then do nothing.

I have mine set to read only so they cannot change the ID as I use it within another field for concatenating the Main ID with a sub ID letter.

Like ALWAYS, develop a small form to test your workflow out within both Connect and Live within Survey123 before attempting to update a live form; learning pains are real...

Good Luck,

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a survey that is setup to start from within Collector and passes data into questions within a Survey123 form. These fields are then used within a repeat set of questions to pass along a master ID for each of the repeats.

You should be able to push the data from Collector into some hidden fields within your form and then use the calculation field within the repeat to continuously update a field within the repeat. If the following answers do not use the exact same address then you could always delete the answer and add in a new one.

Question1 = equals value being passed from Collector

start repeat

RepeatQuestion1 within calculation field place "${Question1} and it should populate the answer.

However, there could be a catch here with my logic above as it would depend on whether your repeat is within a Group or not. I have mine within a group and the Group has a relevant question that needs to be answered in order for the repeated questions to be displayed. In order for me to pass my master ID into my repeat; I need to use an if() statement that basically says if the repeat is displayed then place the value of question1 into my repeat question; if not, then do nothing.

I have mine set to read only so they cannot change the ID as I use it within another field for concatenating the Main ID with a sub ID letter.

Like ALWAYS, develop a small form to test your workflow out within both Connect and Live within Survey123 before attempting to update a live form; learning pains are real...

Good Luck,

Mike