I have different versions of ArcGIS Server vs. Desktop, how do I know which version patches to download and install? It doesn't specify if a patch is for Server or Desktop specifically.

05-18-2018 05:36 AM
MonicaBeaton
New Contributor III

I am trying to download and install patches (I haven't done it for awhile). I have ArcGIS Server version 2.2 and am running ArcMap 10.3.1. When I view the available patches they are numerous and do not always specify if it is directly for Server or Desktop, some are for both and so I wonder what version of the patch do I download and install then? For example, this patch: ArcGIS for (Desktop, Engine, Server) WMTS Tiles Misalignment Patch.  Would I get both 10.2.2 and 10.3.1 and install them both? Any help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would recommend that you download the correct version of the patch for the correct product (Server,Desktop, Engine, etc.). In the name of all the patches you will see an "S" or "DT" or "E" etc. This corresponds to a specific product. Below is a screenshot of the patch you referenced above and for v 10.2.2 and it shows the designations. If there is any confusion, I would recommend contacting Esri Technical Support for further guidance.

Hope this helps!

--- George T.
MonicaBeaton
New Contributor III

Thank you George, that is very helpful!

Much appreciated,

Monica

0 Kudos
MonicaBeaton
New Contributor III

I received an answer promptly from an extremely helpful fellow; there is a letter designation in the title of all patches which tells you if it for Server, Desktop, Engine, etc. It is the middle letter between two dashes. Many thanks to George for his email! It's very obvious now that I see it, glad I asked though.

0 Kudos