I want to develop Android application manipulating geodatabase (SDE). Application needs to read/modify attachments gathered by "Collector" (photos) and modify additional feature attributes. The geodatabase is on MSSQL Server Express hosted inside our company (on-premises). This geodatabase contains our own data in custom attributes. So far, I was accessing this database directly (using ADO.NET) from Windows desktop applications without usage of any ESRI API or ESRI libraries.
1) What is the preferred technology for this application:
- ArcObjects SDK
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (with Xamarin.Android)
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android.
2) I see in the database how Collector attachments are connected to feature class (using AttachmentID), but I would like to make more "legal", API access to them. Can somebody point me to documentation/training/samples where I can study API manipulating Attachments and how to modify SDE geodatabase from Android? I am new to ESRI API and would like your help to show me where to start ESRI API education to achieve the above goal.
3) Is "Essentials Developer Subsciption" enough for this task?