ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric Labels?

05-17-2018 08:54 AM
JackAvis
New Contributor II

I'm in the process of moving to ArcGIS Pro from ArcGIS desktop and working with the Parcel Fabric(PF). I'm unable to label the PF Lines with quadrant bearings using the Project > Options>Units>Direction Units dialog.   

I'm using the same Label Properties with the same Expressions using the VBScript that I use in ArcGIS Desktop for Labeling Bearing.   Is there another method for enabling the labeling of Quadrant Bearings in ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks!

4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jack,

Does this article help?

Create a traverse—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

It says:

Note:

Generated dimensions are not labeled on the map or stored in the COGO fields on the line feature class. To label and store a dimension, click in the field on the traverse grid, edit the dimension if necessary, and pressEnter. The angle brackets are removed and the dimension is stored in the line's COGO fields.

0 Kudos
JackAvis
New Contributor II

Adrian, 

I'm not working with the COGO / traverse tools at this point.  I just trying to display existing bearings from the PF lines feature class, as quadrant bearings.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I did not think that the Parcel Fabric was supported in Pro at this time (or any time soon for that matter).

JackAvis
New Contributor II

Michael,

The Parcel Fabric is view-able in Pro, however its not editable at this point.  I'm working up to publishing the Parcel Fabric as ArcGIS Soultion from ArcGIS Pro.  That's when I discovered Quadrant Bearings labeling problem.  At this point I'm still looking to see if I have overlooked something regarding the label \ display options.  Thanks for your comment.    

0 Kudos