Can't add ArcGIS Online content to Story Map Cascade

Jump to solution
05-16-2018 10:52 AM
KristenHoffman
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a story map using Cascade, and when I try to add media, my ArcGIS Online options are greyed out and I can't access any of my maps even though I am logged in. Please help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kristen -- There's a blue note at the top of your screenshot that indicates that in that place in the story you can only add an image, so my guess is that you opened the media picker from a title section. If that's not the case please let me know.

Title section backgrounds only support images, so that's why the ArcGIS options for browsing maps and scenes are disabled in this situation. If you've previously uploaded images to your story, you would see them there under the "This Story" and could chose one for the title section background.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kristen -- There's a blue note at the top of your screenshot that indicates that in that place in the story you can only add an image, so my guess is that you opened the media picker from a title section. If that's not the case please let me know.

Title section backgrounds only support images, so that's why the ArcGIS options for browsing maps and scenes are disabled in this situation. If you've previously uploaded images to your story, you would see them there under the "This Story" and could chose one for the title section background.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KristenHoffman
New Contributor

Thank you Owen! I am new to this template. I didn’t realize I was adding a background to my title, I thought I was adding a map in the section below. That answers my question. Thanks again!

0 Kudos