AnsweredAssumed Answered

Added graphic to the map but not visible

Question asked by MollyKFoley on May 15, 2018
Latest reply on May 15, 2018 by rscheitlin

EDIT: I think this is a spatial reference issue. The spatial reference of my map is different from the spatial reference of the graphic. How do I assign the spatial reference of a graphic? 

I'm running a query on ObjectIds that users select out of a table. When they select a record from the table, it runs through the query that returns a FeatureSet and then sets the symbol for the graphic. I then add the graphic to the map, but it is not visible on the map, despite the map.graphics layer always being on top. Any ideas on what I'm missing? 

Please note, I don't set a where clause because all I really care about is grabbing the features by the objectId and displaying them with a graphic. I don't think that's causing this issue, but I'm not sure.

I have checked in the browser console to see that highlightGraphic contains something and that the symbol is set appropriately. Just not sure why it's not showing up.

//After user selects features via drawing, they may highlight features on the map by selecting
//table records. Query the features to highlight them
function highlightFeatures(selectedRows) {
    var objIds = selectedRows.map(Number);
    queryLayer = new QueryTask("https://MapServer/1");
    highlightQuery = new Query();
    highlightQuery.returnGeometry = true;
    highlightQuery.objectIds = objIds;

//Create symbol for highlighted features
    highlight = new SimpleFillSymbol(SimpleFillSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, new Color([4, 249, 37]), 1), new Color([0, 204, 27]));

queryLayer.execute(highlightQuery, highlightResults);
}

function highlightResults(featureSet) {
    patchesFL.clearSelection();
    var resultFeatures = featureSet.features;
    for (var i = 0, idxLen = resultFeatures.length; i < idxLen; i++) {
        var highlightGraphic = resultFeatures[i];
        highlightGraphic.setSymbol(highlight);
        map.graphics.add(highlightGraphic);
    }
}

Outcomes