photo attachments for two surveys look different in the popup menus in Pro

05-14-2018 04:40 PM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

I just noticed something odd when viewing Survey123 response data in ArcGIS Pro. I added the points from two different surveys via Portal. Both have photo attachments, but viewing the photos in the popup menus is different. The StabilityPoints survey points popups look just like they do in AGOL, with clickable links to the photos. For the FieldParameters survey, the photos are tiny, scrollable thumbnails (see attached screenshot).  I can't figure how to open the photos to actually see them (in Pro)!  Not sure if it matters, but the StabilityPoints has a geopoint question, FieldParameters does not.

Is it something I did?

Thanks,

Lynn

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lynn

I have managed to replicate this behaviour and it results from having a feature with multiple attachments (or from a survey perspective, multiple image questions). Pro displays the images in a carousel so that you can cycle through them, but you can't expand them or make them larger. This does not have anything to do with Survey123 image settings.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
LynnBerni

Hi John,

Both of the surveys that I mentioned have multiple image questions. As you can see from this screenshot, the photos attachments in the StabilityPoints survey are clickable links in the popup in Pro. 

photo attachments in PRO popup

Lynn

p.s.  [...5 min later]  This is truly bizarre, but now I can't see the StabilityPoints photo attachments at all in my Pro map popups!  I can, however, still see the thumbnails in FieldParameters.

p.p.s. what happened to all of our previous comments?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lynn

Thanks for the clarification. You can control the way attachments display in Pro through configuration of the feature service.

Can you add the FieldParameters feature service to the ArcGIS Online Map viewer and do the following:

1) Confirm that the attachments are visible in the popups. If so, we can rule out an issue with the feature service.

2) In the layer settings go into Configure Pop-up and ensure that the option to configure Show feature attachments as links is ticked on (see below).

3) Click OK to close the window 
4) Next, in the layer settings, click the option to Save layer. This will persist the setting, even if this was already ticked on.
5) Refresh the layer in ArcGIS Pro and you should see the attachments appear as links.
Please let me know how you get on with this.
Cheers
John
0 Kudos
LynnBerni

Yes!! That solved it. Any idea why this happened with one layer, but not another?

Thanks John :^D

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

By default the item setting that enables links for attachments is not applied on publishing. The working item must have been updated at some point.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos