AnsweredAssumed Answered

Extend Printing Service with SOI?

Question asked by nexiga_bosbach on May 9, 2018
Latest reply on May 9, 2018 by ahoque-esristaff

Hi everyone,

I need to somehow change the way, the printing service is requesting layers on mapservices.

Background info:

I created a SOI for my mapservices, wich restricts access to layers and attributes depending on the user.

The user in this context isn't an arcgis user, instead it is an user from my Solution.

To identify my users, I overloaded the the urls of my services with custom rest parameters, which I can parse in my SOI to the get the user and his permissions from my application database.

Example: "https:domain.com/arcgis/rest/services/Mapservice/Mapserver?user=[GUID]"

This is all working fine, except that the print service doesn't send my custom params to the services, so I can't get my user and the mapservice rejects the request.

In the result the print does not work on services wich are using my access soi.

So my actual question is, is it possible to write a soi for the printing service?

If this is possible, I would like to add my user param to the print service url so I would have the user in the printing soi.

Then I would need to be able to modify the requests the printing service sends to the mapservices, to add the user param, so my mapservice soi would get the user and could do his thing.

best regards

Sebastian

Outcomes