ArcGIS collector not showing location

05-08-2018 01:31 PM
SanElijoUser
New Contributor

Greetings,

I currently use collector daily for my job as a biologist. I use collector on my iPhone (iOS) and have a new Galaxy tablet I use as well. I have been having issues seeing my location on the tablet I use, for multiple maps for different projects. I can't seem to figure out why. If I open the map, it shows the base map, I'm able to add field attributes, and all that. But, as of last month, it isn't showing my location--if I click on the location red box in the lower left hand corner, it shows a grey dot and has in the top box "Fix Time: never updated. Any reason why this is? Does it have something to do with my settings? I've tried a few different things, and would like some feed back on why this is occurring and what settings I need to have to work online-and offline for remote and local field work.

As I stated before, I use collector on my iPhone with no troubles at all. Location services work for every other program (maps, waze, ect). If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

- Jake Hargis, San Diego

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
YsabelGarcia
New Contributor II

Hello Jake, 

Have you found a solution?

I am currently facing the same problem. I found that this problem arose when I downloaded the Collector app through the APK method since I could not download through Google Play store saying that the Collector Classic was incompatible with my device. All my other location services program on my LG M151 phone work well - even Explorer! 

I even did a reset of my phone and ran a software update to attempt fixing this. Please let me know if you found a solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanielleKulas
Occasional Contributor III

Following. Two of our field staff are experiencing this, they both have Verizon 2017 LG K10 phones. 

0 Kudos