Data Reviewer 10.5 Domain Check

05-08-2018 07:02 AM
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm working to clean up GIS attribute values that are outside assigned domains.  There are approx 50+ domains on several fields and the enterprise GDB is reasonably large. 

I could write a SQL based solution but have been investigating Data Reviewer to see if it could identify all of the occurrences where attribute values did not match domains.  I have figured this out and have written results to Reviewer Table but I would like to see in the Reviewer Table,  the attribute value that falls outside the domain.  As far as I can tell the Reviewer Table only provides the OID of the feature and in the Description the attribute name that does not match the domain; but no attribute value.

Is this something I can have added using out-of-box Data Reviewer extension, or should I look for a custom solution???

Thanks for any info, Brian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

We ended up writing our own ArcObjects code (back in 10.3.1?) because we needed the same thing you are describing.

0 Kudos
JenniferKennedy
New Contributor II

That's essentially correct, the Data Reviewer table, by default, will just record the OID, the feature class name (origin table) and the Field Name that has the invalid value (in the Description/REVIEWSTATUS) field.  But... there is a workaround you could use.  This may not be helpful if you have a lot of different fields.  But it is possible to add user-defined fields to the Data Reviewer table.  You could, for example, add a MATERIAL field and PRESSUREZONE field to the Data Reviewer table, and then any results written to the Data Reviewer table that have those fields will get the field value added as well.  So, if a record had an invalid MATERIAL value, it would be returned as a result by the domain check, and the MATERIAL value would also be written to the Data Reviewer table.  You would, however, still need to use the REVIEWSTATUS field to determine which of the added fields had an invalid value. 

0 Kudos