How to move layer(s) to the basemap?

Jump to solution
05-07-2018 02:46 AM
ClaireLock
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I have created a layer with my own reference points, to be used as part of a basemap for one of my web maps. I tried to move this layer to the basemap, as I have done in the past (described here https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/uncategorized/creating-basemaps-using-la... ), but I am no longer given the option to "Use as basemap" or "Move to basemap". This is an issue as my reference layer is sitting on top of my map notes layer (see example pic) - doesn't matter if I move up or down.

I assume this is a product of the latest update - what can I do?

Best,

Claire

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The help (Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ) mentions some restrictions on the type of layer that can be used. What type of layer are you using? Have you used this type of layer before in a basemap? If so, with what type of layers did you combine the layer?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The help (Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ) mentions some restrictions on the type of layer that can be used. What type of layer are you using? Have you used this type of layer before in a basemap? If so, with what type of layers did you combine the layer?

KatieGrillo
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. I would like to add a point layer (addresses) to my basemap so that they are always turned on but not visible in the layer picker or legend.  

0 Kudos
brooks248
New Contributor II

I also would like to do exactly this. Has anyone found a good solution?

0 Kudos