Is there a way to change the audio playback options on the Survey123 App? Specifically I would like to be able to Play/Pause an audio file.

05-04-2018 09:08 AM
JoelWixson1
New Contributor

After I add an audio file to a survey123 ( for example, a bird song recording), I am able to play that audio file in the Survey123 app with no problem.  However I would like to be able to pause the audio file.  When I open the survey link in a web browser it shows the audio file with a typical play/pause toggle.  Is this option available in the App or is this function not supported?  

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joel,

There currently isn't a pause button available within the field app.  I've added your comments to the internal log of the enhancement issue for this, ENH-000109503.

0 Kudos
JoelWixson1
New Contributor

Thanks James, I appreciate it. Yeah this would be an important addition because we are currently using the field app for Bird Surveys. Part of the survey involves calling for a specific amount of time and then listening for a reply. It would be useful to have the ability to pause the calling in case a predator or something interrupts the survey. Hopefully with the next release. Thanks for the response!

Cheers, Joel

0 Kudos