Re: Ericsson's Network Engineer (ENE) and Esri

04-03-2018 10:56 PM
RajeshMane3
New Contributor III

Hi Greg,

We are in process of upgrading our desktop system on 10.x. We are actually using Ericsson's Network engineer and planning to replace it with ArcGIS pro and subsequently web and mobile.

Before moving further, I would like to know following things in order to support our datamodel in ArcGIS Pro. As current datamodel is in geometric network and needs to be migrated in Utility Network.

1. Can we use same table structure as presently getting managed in Ericsson network engineer.
  2. If not then , How utility network will manage following things in its datamodel.
  • Cable Units
  • Structure Units
  • Span Units
  • Equipment Details Views
  • Structure , Span details views
  • connections of Equipment and cable
  • Network traces required for Port to port tracing

Can we get this information in esri's datamodel which supports utility network ? When esri is planning release complete solution of telco datamodel and its required extension of Network utility configuration would be released ? As did not find any write-up or white paper written on Telco Utility Network model as similar to electric , water and gas.

appreciate for your response to move further.

Regards,

Rajesh Mane

Solution Architect

British Telecom , PLC

13 Replies
IñakiLázaro_Cantera
New Contributor II

We'd also like to know about the process of migrating from Ericssson NE to Utility network

0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
New Contributor III

Hi Cantera,

There is no solution as such which may allows to migrate the ENE datamodel to Utility network. What I can suggest create the new datamodel which feeds all business needs and comprise UN in it.

We are planning to replace ENE. In this case ArcGIS is pro is a challenge as its only supports UN. So my above query is how UN will support following business needs which are mentioned above.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
IñakiLázaro_Cantera
New Contributor II

Hi Rajesh.

We are thinking of moving from NE to the new esri's utility network, so any suggestion is really apreciated. We asked time ago to ESRI, if they were planning to help customers with NE.

Thanks for your answer,

Iñaki

0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
New Contributor III

Sure. Cantera. Can you please provide email address to discuss further on this thread. ITs better we will not mixup our discussion in this thread.

Regards,

Rajesh

IñakiLázaro_Cantera
New Contributor II

ilazaro@gfi.es

Here you have it. Best Regards

Iñaki

0 Kudos
FIDELOMAR-ALI
New Contributor II

Hi Rajesh,

Like Inaki, I'm also very interested to learn or discuss with you the migration workflow/approach to transition from ENE to ESRI's UN as this is something we are considering. fomaral@tstt.co.tt

SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Ericsson's Network Engineer (ENE) and Esri

If you have questions about logical migration paths from Ericsson's Network Engineer (ENE) to other Esri solutions, please contact us at the email or number below and we talk through available options. There are plenty of options for supporting your network management and PNI needs.

Contact Esri at Ericsson_Esri@esri.com or US Toll Free 888-447-9706

#ENE #Ericsson #Network Engineer #ArcGIS

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos
RajeshMane3
New Contributor III

Hi Patrick,

thanks for reply. I have dropped my query to given email. address. Hoping reply from them for our solution.

Regards,

Rajesh

SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Rajesh, we'll have a solution engineer reach out to you. 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos