Shapefiles being deleted after dragging & dropping

Jump to solution
05-01-2018 01:01 PM
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Has anyone else experienced accidentally dragging and dropping a shapefile on top of another shapefile (or the same shapefile) and having it be deleted?  We have currently been experimenting with ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 and this has been replicated throughout our organization.   See error message below.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for reporting this Mitch Holley Firstly, I’d like to apologize that you’re experiencing this issue.  We have reproduced the issue on Pro 2.1.2 internally.

We take data corruption issues very seriously, we’re pursuing a patch for Pro 2.1.x. and will share additional status information as available. 

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It looks like it is preventing you from doing that? If the file is loaded into Pro, then it is in use and it shouldn't be able to be deleted/replaced

MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

We're in the process of moving from ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 to ArcGIS Pro, so the files were created with 10.4.  The message above will pop up and then we'll refresh the directory and the shapefile will be gone. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

As in gone... not even bits in the recycling bin? Can't locate parts on disk?  

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Nope, not that I can find.  Could you try to replicate the error on some dummy data?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for reporting this Mitch Holley Firstly, I’d like to apologize that you’re experiencing this issue.  We have reproduced the issue on Pro 2.1.2 internally.

We take data corruption issues very seriously, we’re pursuing a patch for Pro 2.1.x. and will share additional status information as available. 

Thanks again.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This issue is fixed in the 2.1.3 patch: Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.1—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop