Cannot access attachment tab for tables in feature service using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2

04-27-2018 10:42 AM
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature service that includes several related tables that have attachments enabled. When I edit these tables in ArcMap, I can access the attachments manager and add, remove, or edit attachments. However, when attempt to add or view attachments in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2, I am not given the option to open the attachment manager when viewing records in the Attributes pane.

7 Replies
MichaelTownshend
New Contributor III

I am running into this now with version 2.2.4.  Did you ever find a solution?

GIS_MJ
by
New Contributor III

I can see my attachments, but I can't remove them. During an edit session I get the error "Edit Operation failed: The object cannot be edited using the current edit session mode". Did either of you figure out what was going wrong?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

GIS_MJ - there is a Remove Attachments geoprocessing tool to remove attachments from a feature class or table if that's the goal. You can read about that tool here.  If the goal is remove individual attachment records, then open the Input_Dataset_ATTACH table, select those records and delete them.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
GIS_MJ
by
New Contributor III

Thank you Robert. Yes that actually helps a lot. I ended up removing single attachments in the Attachment Manager in ArcMap, but its good to know that in PRO it actually has to be done in the table instead. 

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Experiencing this with ArcPro 2.8.3... trying to remove attachments from an Enterprise Portal 10.8.1 hosted feature service. Remove Attachments tool is overkill for deleting a single attachment... just thought I'd add here that it still seems to be happening.

BrittanyBurson_0-1643827351475.png

I deleted via Portal item page:

BrittanyBurson_1-1643828001870.png

0 Kudos
RaelynCaldwell1
New Contributor

Hey all, I'm having the same problem as @BrittanyBurson. I've tried deleting from the Attributes pane in Pro as well as from the Portal item page, to no avail.

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Raelyn

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @RaelynCaldwell1 unfortunately I have no update and did not open an official ticket with Esri. Doing a quick search I also unfortunately don't see it listed as a bug fix in the 2.9 release notes. Sorry to not be of much help.