Shortlist Story Map - Cannot drop a new point (UK)

Jump to solution
04-27-2018 12:39 AM
DaveThompson2
New Contributor II

My colleague has reported issues with the above story map application which is in Beta. When we create a new shortlist and wish to create points on the map, we do not get the option to drop a new point.

My first thoughts have been this lack of expected functionality is due to the fact we are using data in a British projection on a WGS map. I have a test ArcGIS Online account that has the WGS projection as default and I get the expected functionality. 

Has anyone else found this issue please and have you found a workaround please?

Thanks

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, 

Sorry about the issue. The Shortlist Set Location/Change Location does have issues if the Organization geocode locator services are HTTP instead of HTTPS, or if they point at data sources that can't be found (for example, there may be an old locator pointing at a data source that is no longer available.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, Sorry about the issue. I'd recommend contacting Esri Tech Support directly about this so they can walk through the issue with you on your environment to see what may be going on. What you are seeing can happen if an invalid geolocator/geocode service is being used at the ArcGIS Online Organization level, or if a geolocator/geocode service being used is accessed via HTTP instead of HTTPS.

Rupert

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, were you able to find a way to solve this issue?

Rupert

0 Kudos
DaveThompson2
New Contributor II

Hi Rupert, thanks for your quick response. I was forwarded to this community by UK support due to the product being in Beta. Yesterday I removed all Locators from our ArcGIS Online organisation (will probably be made aware of the chaos I've caused today!) and the 'set location' button started to work again. All locator URLs were HTTPS.

So now I'll add them back in one by one to figure out the culprit(s). In your response you mention 'an invalid geolocator/geocode service' ... what classes a locator or geocode service as invalid please?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, 

Sorry about the issue. The Shortlist Set Location/Change Location does have issues if the Organization geocode locator services are HTTP instead of HTTPS, or if they point at data sources that can't be found (for example, there may be an old locator pointing at a data source that is no longer available.

Rupert

0 Kudos
DaveThompson2
New Contributor II

Must have been an old locator that was causing the issue.

Many thanks for your assistance Rupert

0 Kudos