When trying to edit Shortlist the Save feature is greyed out and won't let me save at any time. It used to, what happened?

04-25-2018 02:58 PM
JosephAlessi
New Contributor II

I've tried making multiple additions and changes, changing from Public to Organization and back again, and every time it will not give me the option to save anymore.  I've tried in Google Chrome, IE and Firefox, all the same result.  I've also tried with HTTP and HTTPS and that doesn't seem to be the issue either.  What gives?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Joseph

I think we'd recommend contacting Esri Tech Support about this sort of issue so they can walk you through your environment and see what may be happening. They'll let us know if there's a bug that may be causing this or something else unexpected going on.

Rupert

0 Kudos
JosephAlessi
New Contributor II

Thank you Rupert.  What is the best link or method to contact Tech Support for this kind of issue?  There are many avenues for help which is great, I just am not sure of which one group is best for this issue.  I appreciate your support!

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

I should have posted the link to the Support gateway page: https://support.esri.com

0 Kudos
JosephAlessi
New Contributor II

Thx Rupert.  I have found what the issue is, but not sure what is causing it.  For whatever reason, ESRI has my SAVE button disabled.  Not sure why or how that happened.  I have found a way to go around this issue by right clicking on the Save button, then clicking Inspect and manually deleting the script that says to disable my button.  Then, I have the ability to save again.  It's a pain though to do this, so I'll have to hope that ESRI folks will know how to fix this script issue they seem to be having.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

There are occasionally situations where Shortlist Builder's Save doesn't illuminate for me. I noticed one the other day after I made a change in the Settings dialog > Header tab, but when I kept on working and made another change it did become enabled. Does it remain disabled all the time for you? 

0 Kudos
JosephAlessi
New Contributor II

It used to just be sporadic as you mentioned, but now it's just off and disabled permanently.  I used to do exactly as you did in fact and would just hope the Save button would illuminate again, and usually it did.  Now, no dice...

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

If possible, please contact Esri Tech Support about this so one of our analysts can investigate this for you.

Rupert

0 Kudos
JosephAlessi
New Contributor II

I tried navigating to the https://support.esri.comlink, but there is no simple "contact us" or "create a ticket" anything on that site.   All it does is show the different ESRI platforms and what they have to offer and awards they've won for support... It is extremely challenging to get a support ticket created with ESRI apparently.  Although, I do greatly appreciate your help and speedy replies, I find ESRI's ability for users to log a support ticket rather frustrating...  Again, would love to contact a tech support analyst, but have yet to find a spot on any ESRI website that can lead me there.

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Joseph,

I've found your account info in our Support system so I'll create a case for you.  You'll get an automated email in a few minutes saying a case was opened, and then an analyst will reach out when one becomes available.  I'll copy the info in this thread to the case so the analyst is up to speed on the issue.

Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos