Rubbersheeting (Spatial Adjustment) License in ArcGIS Pro

04-24-2018 01:05 PM
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

My company's software is an ArcGIS Desktop extension which uses Spatial Adjustment (Conflation toolset) functionality (specifically rubbersheeting) extensively.  We, and many of our customers, have a Standard ArcGIS license which provides access to this toolset in Desktop.  We are now working on transitioning to ArcGIS Pro and it appears that you must have an Advanced license to access the same functionality in Pro.  Does anyone know what is going on with this?  I.e., is it going to stay this way?  It's pretty difficult to move to Pro (as ESRI is pushing everyone to do) if you can't access the tools that you need.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Which help file link are you using? I can find no reference to advanced licenses in the links I have seen

0 Kudos
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

The licensing levels for the editing tools (including Conflation) are shown here:  Editing toolbox licensing—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also, if you look at the bottom of the page for the individual tools it also shows the licensing requirements for each tool to be Advanced:  Rubbersheet Features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

And I can't access the Conflation tools within ArcPro with my Standard license.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Karen,

It looks like rubbersheeting needs an advanced license in ArcMap and in Pro:

ArcMap: Rubbersheet Features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Licensing information

• ArcGIS Desktop Basic: No
  • ArcGIS Desktop Standard: No
  • ArcGIS Desktop Advanced: Yes

ArcGIS Pro: Rubbersheet Features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Licensing information

• ArcGIS Desktop Basic: No
  • ArcGIS Desktop Standard: No
  • ArcGIS Desktop Advanced: Yes
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I was going to say, check what you have in ArcMap since that license level applies to pro.

BUT when I went to the equivalent link in ArcMap http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/tools/editing-toolbox/editing-toolbox-license.htm

It appears that the conflation toolset was only available at the advanced license all along

KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I noticed that it shows that an Advanced license is required for the Desktop versions.  However, we've been using a Standard license for years in ArcMap (and still are) and those tools are available so my assumption is that either that information is incorrect or maybe they just don't enforce the license level for those tools in ArcMap.  

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow that's interesting (don't tell Esri, haha)! What version are you using?

I'm on 10.3.1 on ArcMap and cannot see the Conflation tools.

0 Kudos
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Are you using a Standard or Basic license?  I use versions of ArcMap from 10.3 through 10.5.1, since our software runs on all of these.  Guess I already told Esri by asking this question....

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I have a Standard license. That's interesting that you can use these tools from the toolbar and not from the toolbox. Is there an equivalent toolbar for Pro where you can use these tools?

0 Kudos
KarenMeinstein
Occasional Contributor

Doesn't seem to be...

0 Kudos