Ohio Chapter URISA is excited to open up registration for the second annual GIS Education Series. This is a one-day event in partnership with Columbus State Community College at their campus just outside of Downtown Columbus. The event will be held on Tuesday, May 15th, 2017 from 8am - 3:45pm with the main events at the Columbus State Conference Center with some workshops being held at a computer lab on campus.
The event will be filled with educational opportunities with Ask The Experts & Learn More About URISA panel discussions, presentations on ArcGIS Pro, Vector Tiles, Portal and Workforce and lastly an ArcGIS Python API workshop in a computer lab. The computer lab will also be open in the afternoon to work on something you've learned or take the ESRI Online Courses through your MyESRI account without distractions at the office. The schedule as well as details about presentations, workshops and presenters can be found here.
A light continental breakfast, lunch, and light snacks & drinks will be provided. This year's lunch will be feature a taco & fajita bar. Parking for this event will be free at Columbus State and free Wi-Fi will be provided for attendees.
There will also be a vendor/sponsor room so you can connect with experts in the field. Please contact us if your organization would like to participate as a vendor.
- $40 for Current 2018 Chapter Members & Current URISA International Members
- $65 for Non-Chapter Members, which includes Chapter Membership for 2018 with $10 initiation fee waved, as the cost of new membership is regularly $35.
Some workshops have capacity limits so it’s first-come, first-serve for those that register for the event & workshops. There will be a wait-list for any workshop that does reach capacity.
How to register:
For current members that haven’t logged in to the new site before, fill in your email and request a password.
- For 2018 Chapter members: Once you log-in, you may register for the event
- For 2016 & 2017 members that haven’t yet renewed for 2018: You may either log in to renew membership or register as a non-member.
- For Non-Members (including past members from 2015 & before): Please use the non-member registration. Registration includes 2018 Chapter membership.
Deadline to register is Monday, May 7.
We are excited to continue this after last year's successful event and hope you can join us, whether it’s for continuing education, learning something new, GISP points or to bring some solutions back to your office.
2018 Ohio GIS Education Series Chairperson