Attribute Assistant - Nearest Feature

04-23-2018 07:21 AM
ChrisWalker4
New Contributor III

I cannot seem to get the nearest feature working through my dynamic value table.

Using the Sign Inventory Deployment I want to Auto Apply the Nearest Pole FACILITYID to a field in my sign Inventory called Pole_ID

Seems simple enough but I get no results, other more basic rules are working like AutoNumber and X_Coordinate etc.

I have attached a shot of my current DynamicValues table

Any thoughts?

Arcmap 10.4.1

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I think you need to add third parameter, the search distance.  By default, the search distance is 0.

Also,activating the log file can provide some insight what is going on.

GregoryBurda
New Contributor II

I also had the same problem and tried it with a search distance. AA still doesn't populate the field. 

From the log file, it looks like that AA successfully ran the rule.

Any other suggestions that you can think of? Does being in a geometric network give it any issues or are there any known bugs?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

What version of the AA are you running.  I am not seeing some of the messaging I added to the log in some of the more recent versions.

0 Kudos
GregoryBurda
New Contributor II

I'm using version 2017.3.1

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Could you upgrade to the most recent version or even try a preview build of the next release? There has been some enhancements to this rule since 3.2017

https://github.com/Esri/local-government-desktop-addins/tree/dev/PreviewBuilds

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

0 Kudos
GregoryBurda
New Contributor II

I'll give it a shot and let you know the results. Thank you!

0 Kudos
GregoryBurda
New Contributor II

I updated to the latest version with the same results (the field not updating). You also may notice the distance is set to 10 in the image below. I also tried it at 100 with no result. I just happened to capture the image with "10" shown.

I ended up creating a new gdb, copied the dataset and removed the geometric network and it worked. You can see the difference in the log files as well. Have you had any feedback regarding the geometric network and any conflicts it may have with the AA?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Nothing stands out.  can you email a small gdb that I can test for a repo.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

mmiller@esri.com is my email

0 Kudos