How to sync published layer and its original gdb

04-23-2018 03:26 PM
MikeJun
New Contributor II

I created a simple point feature class in default gdb in ArcGIS Pro and published it as a web layer with enabling edit and sync data to ArcGIS online. Other staff edited this web layer and I can see his edit in ArcGIS pro after refreshing web layers. However my original gdb is still in-tact and I wonder how I can bring the changes into gdb not just on published web layer in ArcGIS online.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mike,

When you are editing a feature layer hosted in ArcGIS Online, you are editing web enabled geospatial data that is hosted on the cloud. This data is copied and published during the publishing process, resulting in a copy of the data residing in the ArcGIS Online databases. For this reason, after publishing your initial dataset, the source data won't be aware of any changes that happen to the feature layer. If you want to export a file geodatabase of the feature layer, try using any of these tools : 

Use layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Extract Data—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

There has to be an easier way to do this.  I have switched my services to internal only (Enterprise) and now it seems I wont be able to edit my geodatabases in Collector because that would require the services to be public.  Am I correct?  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos