KmlServer Bug in MXD-based services with Maplex Symbols

02-02-2011 09:53 AM
DanielWalton
Occasional Contributor
We have an MXD published as an AGS 10 SP1 map service with several multi-layered maplex symbols in it. The symbols render fine in Silverlight and even in KML when published as an MSD. But symbols which have a white backlayer are missing the white layer when rendering via (MXD) KmlServer. If we change the color to slightly off-white, no problem. We also checked and made sure there weren't any masks defined in the symbols. The offwhite workaround is fine for us, just thought it should get reported.

On a side note, why can't we get KML balloon popups with the MSD-published services?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm not entirely sure about the first render issue (I'd need to test it).

However the 2nd issue (pop ups) is a planed fix for for 10 sp2.

NIM061804 - KML Popups from Optimized MapServices do not open when selecting features in KML clients.
0 Kudos
DanielWalton
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Kevin. If you need any information from me to test the first issue, let me know. When is 10 SP2 slated for release?
0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
Thanks Kevin. If you need any information from me to test the first issue, let me know. When is 10 SP2 slated for release?

Last I heard the general target is Q2.
As it comes closer to completion there will be a more official date/announcement
0 Kudos