ArcGIS Pro Offline License "Active Until"

04-19-2018 07:42 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I have staff that are using an offline license of Pro while performing offshore sampling in the Gulf of Mexico. Presently, the licenses are able to be checked out for a year. The year is almost up, and I have checked-in the licenses and checked them back out, yet the "Active Until" date has stayed the same. Is there any way to change this date? I cannot risk sending a survey vessel out and have Pro shut down, thus shutting down the research cruise. We could convert licenses to stand-alone, but this does not fit our agency licensing plan.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Chris,

From your description, I assume you are using Pro Named User licenses from AGOL.  In this case, offline license end date will align with the license subscription and will expire on the same day.  The subscription and license must be extended for continued use of the product.  This is why continued check-in/check-out of offline licenses always have the same end date.  In your situation, you may need to extend your subscription earlier.  Once extended, have the user return the offline licenses and then check them back out to acquire the new extended date. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, we are using a named user. When I checked-in the licenses and checked them out, our subscription was already extended til 2019., That’s why this is so confusing. I will grab one of the laptops and try again (the research folks are getting really nervous about eh May deadline).

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

If the subscription had been extended, it should use the new extended date.  Let me know the result of your test.  

0 Kudos