Select to view content in your preferred language

How to add Feature Layer in My Content to a Scene

Jump to solution
04-17-2018 11:33 AM
RobertPrice3
Emerging Contributor

I have a simple GeoJson file of location data, it is saved as a 'Feature Layer' in My Content, it is shared to the public, it is only 50 points, it has elevation data and displays perfectly in a regular ArcGis Online map.

https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/46e278b0a217448c959ed9e0f8332e8f/data 

How do I add it to my Scene? I have tried global and local. It does not show up in search, it does not show up in My Content.

How can I add a simple file of points with names to a scene layer if none of this works?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If you go to the Item Details, you should have a Publish option:

This will create a hosted feature service.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Robert,

This layer appears to be a feature collection, which I don't believe are supported in Scenes.  You will need to somehow convert this to a feature service.

RobertPrice3
Emerging Contributor

Ah okk, do you know how I can do that?  Or what is the way people get their vector data onto the searchable content tab? 
When I search for mine, (which ESRI calls a 'Feature Layer' adding to the confusion) I see other 'Feature Layer' content from other people like this https://i.imgur.com/hG1Wyle.png 
What's the easiest way to do this?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

If you go to the Item Details, you should have a Publish option:

This will create a hosted feature service.

RobertPrice3
Emerging Contributor

How do I get the publish option to show? What do I need to do? I've created a public account as someone else told me to do, but that didn't do it.
I cannot find any info anywhere on this site about accounts and permissions.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

You will need an Organizational Account in order to publish data as a feature service.  If you have ArcGIS Desktop, you will be entitled to at least one Organizational account.  You can contact Customer Service at 888-377-4575 to activate your ArcGIS Online Subscription.

0 Kudos