unable to install X-Ray for ArcCatalog in 10.4.1

Jump to solution
04-17-2018 12:30 PM
Labels (1)
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

I have Desktop 10.4.x installed on my machine and when I try to upgrade to the latest x-ray for ArcCatalog and ArcMap, only ArcMap worked. The files were downloaded from http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae (arccatalog) & https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f0ae73e90c1a4992a1059e7d370966d4 (arcmap). Before today's update, I already have X-Ray enabled in my ArcCatalog but it was an old version. I go to Add-In Manager and delete the old add-in in Catalog and before double clicking on the new ones. After installing with successful message, I notice that for both Add-Ins there are added to the 10.2 folder rather than then 10.4 folder under the User/Documents/ArcGIS/Addins folder. I rename the destination folder and double click to install the add-ins, and a new 10.2 folder gets created. When I go to ArcMap, I am able to view the Add-In in the Add-in Manager. However, in Catalog, I am unable to. I try to do it manually via Customize Mode, I get this message "No GUI components found in this Add-In. Add-In version does not match. "  I try using the Manager and navigate to the folder where the Add-Ins reside, nothing happens. No error message no changes either.

I no longer have old X-Ray for ArcCatalog available. Anything else I can try to get this working? This current version should work with 10.4.1 right?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

Ok, it turned out, I had to reboot my machine. However, ArcCatalog was struggling to launch after the 1st reboot. Window OS was asking permission to close the launch. Had to reboot the 2nd time to launch ArcCatalog successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

Ok, it turned out, I had to reboot my machine. However, ArcCatalog was struggling to launch after the 1st reboot. Window OS was asking permission to close the launch. Had to reboot the 2nd time to launch ArcCatalog successfully.

0 Kudos