AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating custom categories for Geocode Services (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6)

Question asked by jay.gregory on Apr 16, 2018

I have been working to create several address locators to be published at a GeocodeServer on my 10.6 ArcGIS Server, and I'm very confused how I can tailor the "Category" option in the suggest and findAddressCandidates endpoints.  Lets say I create one single locator from a list of assets, some of which are of type "type1" and some of which are of type "type2".  

If I want to enable my developers to use this option in their applications, so when they use the suggest or findAddressCandidates endpoints, suggestions and results can be further refined by using the Category parameter in the request, how would I do that?  

I can see from the service definition (https://giserver/arcgis/rest/services/Locators/MyLocator/GeocodeServer?f=json) the baked-in categories, but I didn't specify these, and furthermore, every category ends up being City for my results.  Is there any way to tailor these when building the address locator in ArcCatalog?  (Or ArcGIS Pro)  

categories": [
{
"name": "Populated Place",
"localizedNames": {},
"categories": [
{
"name": "Neighborhood",
"localizedNames": {}
},
{
"name": "City",
},
{
"name": "Subregion",
},
{
"name": "Region",
}
]
}
],

Can someone point me to ANY decent documentation on this, because I haven't been able to find any!  I don't know if I do this as I'm creating the address locator or do it when I publish the address locator as a service, or if it has something to do with composite locators (each locator in the composite can have it's own category).  

Thanks

Outcomes