TIN to Raster tool crash in ArcMap

04-14-2018 02:54 AM
CrystalBrochard
New Contributor

Hello,

I have some trouble with the TIN to Raster tool.

Each time I try to create a raster from a TIN file, ArcMap crashes and has to close.

I'm doing a formation on ArcGIS 10 and I cheked the input file with the people of the formation, it is fine.

Maybe too heavy (50,8Mo in total) ?

I set the environment, I try to convert the file with no other layers in the data frame,...evering I'm doing doesn't change a thing.

The parametors I'm trying to use are:

- input TIN checked

-Output raster in a geodatabase

- INTEGER

- natural neighbors and linear (I have to create two rasters, each of them with a different method)

- cellsize 25

- z factor 1 (default)

It's the only tool I can't use, I don't understand what's wrong with it. As far as I can see on the forum, nobody seems to have trouble executing the tool with ArcMap.

A little bit of help would really be appreciated,

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcMap are you using? A TIN of approximately 50MB isn't very big and shouldn't generate ArcMap to crash. Try the following:

Resetting your ArcGIS application profile 

and switch off Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

CrystalBrochard
New Contributor

I tried to reset the application profile with the steps detailed, and the background geoprocessing was already switch off ; but ArcMap still crashed.

Maybe I didn't activate something ?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Maybe in this case it is best to contact Esri Support and work through the problem and see what is happening on your computer. As I said before, ArcMap should not crash, especially not when the data is relatively small. 

CrystalBrochard
New Contributor

Ok thanks, I really think that there is a problem my my ArcMap, now another tool is not working.

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

In that case contacting Esri Support would probably best or do a re-install if resetting the mxt does not work.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Also check the spatial reference of the dataset. For a cellsize of 25 m, the dataset should have a Projected Coordinate System (Unit=Meters).

Think Location
CrystalBrochard
New Contributor

I was already using projected coordinates, but I will take note of this for the future.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Perhaps an image of what you are using.

Have you tried it with a different file?

Have you tried creating a small simple tin and convert it?

Can you show the inputs to the tool dialog?

CrystalBrochard
New Contributor

I tried with a different file, lighter than the previous one, and the tool still make ArcMap crashed.

0 Kudos