SchneiderChristian

Utility Network Ribbon not available when working with web maps in Pro

Discussion created by SchneiderChristian on Apr 13, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2018 by SchneiderChristian

Hello Everyone!

I set up different feature services in my ArcGIS server and published them to portal. Some of these feature services contain a utility network, some of them not.

When I am adding these feature services to a map in ArcGIS Pro, I can access the Utility Network Ribbon for those layers that belong to a utility network. So far so good.

My idea is now to author some web maps and to write a ArcGIS Pro configuration with a custom start page where the end user can select one of the pro-authored web maps to work with.

My problem is that the utility network ribbon is not visible for the un-layers in the web map. When I take a look at the layers of the web map I can see that the utility network itself is not part of the layer tree which would explain why the un-ribbon is not visible.

How can I add the utility network layer to a web map? I didn't find any way to add the layer when creating the web map in portal. Am i doing something wrong?

Or perhaps the idea with web maps isn't the right choice but how would I pre-author different maps for the end users?

Outcomes