no video appears on ipad-story map cascade

04-12-2018 06:33 PM
LisaReinke
New Contributor

In story map cascade template, I inserted (via media link in the narrative template)  a youtube video. It appears with play button and plays fine on my computer, but on the ipad/iphone, it reverts to the "alternative photo image." I double checked my youtube settings and it confirmed is public/shared.   I also tried to load a video into the cascade template via vimeo weblink, but nothing appeared, just a blank.  I prefer to get the youtube video to play on the ipad. Its does not need to be auto-play or looped, just the standard hit the button on the screen and play. Any suggestions?   PS> I have not "shared" my story map yet, but I can view the story on my ipad by logging into my arcgis account.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LisaReinke
New Contributor

I removed the alternative image for mobile devices and the video plays fine on the ipad. I thought the alternative image was a backup...but it seems to over-ride the video on mobile devices.  Got it working!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Lisa -- glad you got your story working the way you wanted. Yes, if you specify alternate media that will always be used on mobile devices. For more information on alternate media see this blog article.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos