Lost Relationship Between S123 and Collector

Jump to solution
04-11-2018 10:39 AM
MichelleReilly
New Contributor

Hi there,

I've spent a few days working on this and am at my wit's end. I have created a point feature class with the GlobalID (to be used in collector). And then I created a table (to be used for Survey123) that includes a parentglobalid. I have one text field within collector I want import to the Survey123 form.

I created a relationship between the feature class and table.

I then created an mxd with the feature class on top and the table beneath, and posted onto AGOL as a feature service.

I opened Survey123 Connect (version 2.7.72) and created a new survey using the feature service.

Here is where I'm running into problems...

I deleted the rows coming from the feature class. My table items are within a repeat. I added a parentglobalid row (as hidden and esriFieldTypeGUID).

When I was removing the repeat items, and then changing the form_id to match the table name, it changes my schema, and then wouldn't let me post because it wouldn't match up with my feature service. I finally got it to post (no idea how) without errors.

I then created a map in AGOL and added this feature service to it, and configured the popup link within the feature class layer to include bringing over the one text field from collector to survey123. I tested it out and found the relationships are lost when looking at the data on AGOL.

However, if I don't delete the repeat rows and I keep the form_id to the feature class layer, the relationships work, but it does not import the field from collector.

Additionally for some reason my GlobalID for the survey123 table is showing up as GlobalID_2 within my tables on AGOL.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried multiple times, but I can't seem to figure out how I'm losing the relationships.

I am a bit new to this, so trying to figure it out. And I'm on a very heavy deadline.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleReilly
New Contributor

Hi there, I got this to work... for the most part... I was able to do this by removing the repeat rows and changing the form_id to the table layer. I made sure I entered a hidden field for the parentglobalid as a GUID. In the link to call the form, I ensured it called the GlobalID to go into the Survey123's parentglobalid. Now it's linked up correctly and the other field I wanted from the collector layer goes into where I want it to. However, within the Survey123 data, the GlobalID still is labeled as GlobalID_2...

For reference, this is my link if anyone wants to see what I did: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=0c2b4075da804316b6f87bfd39136f16&field:ter_id={ter_id}&field:parentglobalid={GlobalID}

I've attached my very simple XLS form (I didn't include all the fields since I was testing) if you'd like to take a look.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I eventually figured out the GlobalID_2 issue... As I mentioned before, I'm new at this (seriously, I've just figured out ArcMap and ArcCatalog about three weeks prior to this... So I made a newb mistake... I added the GlobalID field as a regular text field and didn't add it via the toolbox. Once I fixed this, issue resolved. I wanted to make sure I added this, because I researched the GlobalID_2 issue and couldn't find an answer to it, so hopefully this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleReilly
New Contributor

Hi there, I got this to work... for the most part... I was able to do this by removing the repeat rows and changing the form_id to the table layer. I made sure I entered a hidden field for the parentglobalid as a GUID. In the link to call the form, I ensured it called the GlobalID to go into the Survey123's parentglobalid. Now it's linked up correctly and the other field I wanted from the collector layer goes into where I want it to. However, within the Survey123 data, the GlobalID still is labeled as GlobalID_2...

For reference, this is my link if anyone wants to see what I did: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=0c2b4075da804316b6f87bfd39136f16&field:ter_id={ter_id}&field:parentglobalid={GlobalID}

I've attached my very simple XLS form (I didn't include all the fields since I was testing) if you'd like to take a look.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I eventually figured out the GlobalID_2 issue... As I mentioned before, I'm new at this (seriously, I've just figured out ArcMap and ArcCatalog about three weeks prior to this... So I made a newb mistake... I added the GlobalID field as a regular text field and didn't add it via the toolbox. Once I fixed this, issue resolved. I wanted to make sure I added this, because I researched the GlobalID_2 issue and couldn't find an answer to it, so hopefully this helps someone else.

0 Kudos