Sclarke-esristaff

Ticket numbers and printing Violation forms

Discussion created by Sclarke-esristaff Employee on Apr 10, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 by Sclarke-esristaff

I am working on a violation form and there are two capabilities that I think are needed but not yet supported by Survey123:

Auto-incrementing ticket numbers

Printing the violation form in the field to be able to hand the violation ticket to the offender.

Are there any plans and/or suggestions to add these capabilities to Survey123? Or have I missed something? (I did a search and did not really find anything specific to these issues.)

I am aware of this article on ticket numbers:

Creating 'Ticket Numbers' in Survey123 for ArcGIS 

but I don't think it really solves the problem! In the paper-based system, the inspector/office is given a book of blank forms, with a starting ticket number - and then these ticket numbers are used "offline" with the numbers independent of other books of forms. It would be really useful if Survey123 supported auto-incrementing ticket numbers out-of-the-box. If a form is used in the Survey123 app then this could be considered a potential off-line use and so a starting number would be "issued" with an incrementing suffix which is unique and independent of other ticket numbers.

For the printing, I am aware of the Report (beta) capability, but this does not solve the need of being able to print the ticket/violation in the field. Adding this report capability to the form would be really useful.

I think both of these needs are more applicable to private forms and less applicable to public forms. If this is true, then there would be a small number of field users (officers, inspectors) so a small number of "offline ticket number + suffix" issued.

Any suggestions on meeting these needs? I would guess that these are very common requests.

Outcomes