Imagery Service Giving MIME Type Errors

Jump to solution
04-11-2018 06:23 AM
AndySkelton
New Contributor III

I have an ArcGIS 10.5.1 Server with the Image Server extension enabled. Everything is set up the way I want it, and I have two SIDs published to the server for use. However, I've noticed that when I use the services in various maps, including ArcGIS Online as well as Cityworks, the service will throw a 'MIME type ('text/plain') is not executable' error. I'd like to be able to use these services, but I have no idea why this is going on. What do I need to reconfigure to stop this from happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndySkelton
New Contributor III

Update for posterity:

Worked with ESRI support on this. It came down to the file extension that the imagery was uploaded as (.sid) not being recognized by IIS by default. Couple of options here, first would be to reupload as a .tiff or other image type that IIS does recognize by default. The other would be to add the .sid MIME type to IIS, which is what I wound up doing. Works fine in all of my maps, including Cityworks. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy,

Do you find the same thing if you remove the Web Adaptor from the picture (assuming you are accessing the service through one)? I wonder if consuming the service directly from the ArcGIS Server you encounter the same error. Its possible that MIME type is being restricted on the Web Server...

Edit 4/23:

Can you also check for additional headers on the Web Server (eg: X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff)?

0 Kudos
AndySkelton
New Contributor III

Update for posterity:

Worked with ESRI support on this. It came down to the file extension that the imagery was uploaded as (.sid) not being recognized by IIS by default. Couple of options here, first would be to reupload as a .tiff or other image type that IIS does recognize by default. The other would be to add the .sid MIME type to IIS, which is what I wound up doing. Works fine in all of my maps, including Cityworks. 

0 Kudos