AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change SDE Data Source in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2

Question asked by mvolz47 on Apr 10, 2018

I am trying to setup Favorite SDE connection files using a unc path so the location can be seen by all users whether or not they have a mapped drive setup to the same location (different users might have different drive letters).  I added data to ArcGIS Pro using the SDE connection from the unc path.  Now I want to change the data source to a different SDE connection in the same folder location.  Unfortunately, following the instructions:

If you only want to repair a broken link for a specific layer, you can change the data source property.
  1. In the Contents pane, right-click a layer, and click Properties to open the Layer Properties dialog box.
  2. Click the Source tab.
  3. Click Change data source and browse to the source.
  4. Click OK.

When I get to the location of the SDE connections on the network, I cannot get to the SDE connection file to navigate to an SDE feature class even though the SDE connection files are stored at this location.

ArcGIS Pro is looking for a polygon feature class but I do not have the ability to access the SDE connection to get to the SDE polygon feature class.  As such I am unable to connect to an SDE database when using the Set Data Source button from the properties of a layer in ArcGIS Pro?

When I am in ArcMap 10.5.1 I can navigate to the same location on the network and see the SDE connection file and then drill down to the feature class I am looking for.

Any help on changing an SDE data source in Pro would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes