Clip raster

04-10-2018 09:47 AM
MartaBescansa
New Contributor

Dear community,

I am trying to clip a raster with the elevation of Nepal to fit the image within the boundaries of the country (I am using a polygon shapefile as input file). I am using the Clip tool for Raster (3D Analyst). The resulting image is clipped perfectly but I notice slight changes that I am concerned about:

The clip file has different máximum and minimun values than the original one. I also noticed in the table of contents that the original file has 256 ítems, while the clipped one has 8279. Could somebody help me?

Thank you,

Marta

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Export the symbology to a layer file from the original.

Apply the symbology from the layer file to your clipped raster.

The change is due to the fact that you clipped the raster and apparently the tails go clipped and your existing data range is more limited than it was previously... this is not unexpected or wrong

MartaBescansa
New Contributor

Thanks Dan

now I am trying to clip the raster to a specific región of Nepal. Again, the numbers are changed and it shows a mínimum of zero. How can I obtain a clipped raster that maintains the original cell values in the resulting extent, no matter how much I clip it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The minimum will change to reflect the values in the raster.  As suggested, save the legend of the full range raster to a *.lyr file and use it to symbolize your newly clipped raster

0 Kudos