I have a road shapefile (lines) and and speed limit signs (points) near the roads. Now I want to create points on every 5m on the roads between these signs so every single created point should have a speed limit information of a speed for that part of road in that direction (for example if I have a road part between signs where the speed limits are from 60 to 80 and the road direction is from sign 60 to sign 80 all created 5m points should have a speed limit information of 60). Also these points must to contain information of roads too.
This is how I have start working:
1. I have joined line attributes to the signs using join by location
2. I have snapped points to the lines
3. I have split the lines on these snapped points.
4. I have created the points on every 5m on these splited lines.
have a few problems now:
- How to join speed limit information on that part of road to these 5m
- How to define direction of road so I can know which speed limit is
on each road part?
- How to solve this for a two directions roads (there is a attribute
field that contain the information is that a one way or two ways
I think the ArcGIS is the best solution for this.
I have attached the files.
Field "sentidoD" have information is that one way or two ways road.