AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Data Access Failure

Question asked by dtenney on Apr 8, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 by JQuinn-esristaff

All,

i have seen discussions here and there about this similar issue, but i wanted to ask it again...

we are seeing this following error in both 10.2.2 environments as well as our newer 10.5.1 environments:

ExecuteError: Data access failure, layer = Image, error string = Could not access data for layer or table Image during drawing§TilesWorker: Data access failure, layer = Image, error string = Could not access data for layer or table Image during drawing§TilesWorker: Data access failure, layer = Image, error string = Could not access data for layer or table Image during drawing

we see this when using our python scripts to update our map services. we have two maps: one with just vector data and one with vector and raster data. our scripts get through the vector only map just fine but when its time to update the map with the raster data we get the above error.

it seems like a fairly straight forward error...well kind of. it would appear to be a data access issue, but the odd thing is we haven't changed the data or where its located or the permissions of said location. so i'm a bit perplexed on this issue, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch!

dave

Outcomes