send error code 1000, then token required for same stuck survey

04-06-2018 02:22 PM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

I got a Send Error Code 1000 (see screenshot) for a survey that was submitted multiple times yesterday morning, but then got hung up in the outbox in the afternoon. 

send error 1000

I just tried to resend it today and am now getting a different Send error!  This time, all it says is Token Required. 

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks
Lynn

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The token required indicates you may need to sign out/sign in again - while Survey123 does refresh the login token, there are circumstances where it can express and not be renewed.  On the duplicate key issue- is this survey populating values via URL or is Inbox set up?

0 Kudos
LynnBerni

ok, good to know about the token. I hadn't yet seen that.  I have not set up Inbox so I guess via URL

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Lynn,

The URL/Inbox are a couple of methods outside of the normal way to submit data (they're not an either/or option); they happen to be the most likely way a duplicate global id can come about (they're different ways to programmatically load data from outside Survey123 into a form, which is the easiest way to create a duplicate globalid).

0 Kudos
LynnBerni

ok, i signed back in and am now getting that same error code 1000. I built the survey in Connect (v2.6.6) and have the feature service that was created in my agol.  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, I would expect that error to still be present.  Does your survey have a globalid question in it?  Can you share the XLS file so I might try to duplicate the error you are seeing?

0 Kudos
LynnBerni

Yes I guess there are globalIDs because i have repeats. Oh boy, could this be related to the fact that I made a few changes to the XLSX, but then when I tried to publish it says there is no WEATHRNOW field?   I moved (cut/insert cut cells) the WEATHRNOW field into the repeat, so I don't get why it's saying it's not there. So the spreadsheet is actually a little different than the survey that won't go thru. Argh, this is a mess.  But if I didn't publish it shouldn't matter right? 

I don't see where to attach a file (?), so here's a link to the XLSX, Field Parameters v2.xlsx - Google Drive 

Thanks!

Lynn

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Lynn,

When storing records in the database, repeats are stored in a separate table (as a related record); a field in the repeat called WEATHERNOW would be different from a field outside the repeat called WEATHERNOW.

Given that you have a repeat, I'm wondering if you opened a survey from the sent box, either to edit or copy into a new record?  If you did, I could see that also leading to this situation.

0 Kudos
LynnBerni

Of course, that totally makes sense...forgot the the related table!!  It's very possible that the survey was opened from the sent box and and "edit and resend" was attempted (we're all still learning how to use Survey123).  Which, i've noticed, doesn't work for data in the repeats.  You can reopen the survey, but only data *not* in a repeat is editable.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Lynn,

On editing repeats - we normally disallow that by default, but it can be enabled by providing the allowUpdates=true statement in the parameter column for the repeat.

0 Kudos