Survey 123 Connect for ArcGis unable to get it to work

04-05-2018 03:57 PM
CoMAGOL_ADMINISTRATOR
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

We have virtually given up on using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS. We have tried the last couple of version, all with the same issue. opening a form, closing a form, on settings, trying to delete a form, etc. It crashes about 30+ in 10 minutes.

Using in this case version 2.7.72

app crash

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Can I ask if your server administrator has disabled Location Services? There's currently a bug with both Survey123 Connect and the Survey123 field app that causes this behavior when Location Services is disabled, and our best advice is to ask your administrator to enable it. You can check if this is true by going to Control Panel, and then checking Location and Other Sensors.

If this option can't be changed in your organization, don't give up hope; the underlying bug causing this is expected to be fixed in an upcoming version of Survey123.

0 Kudos
CoMAGOL_ADMINISTRATOR
Occasional Contributor

No i am not giving up hope - we are using it extensively, and now all our work has come to a halt

Faulting application name: Survey123ConnectforArcGIS.exe, version: 2.7.72.0, time stamp: 0x5a9f08dc
Faulting module name: AppStudio-WindowsLocation7.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a052613
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000017d3
Faulting process id: 0x1040
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3cf8ab0193ada
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Survey123\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Survey123\position\AppStudio-WindowsLocation7.dll
Report Id: 008034ba-3b7e-11e8-a152-6c0b84a977d8

I have deleted AppStudio-WindowsLocation7.dll, and now it is working fine

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi CoM AGOL,

As Claire Proctor‌ mentioned, this issue is likely related to Location Services on the computer being disabled by your IT administrator, which will cause the current version of Connect and the App to crash. This has been reported previously by other users.

The issue has recently been resolved and will likely be fixed in the next release of Survey123. You can access the current beta version of Connect and the App via Early Adopter Community, where version 3.0 is now available, and includes this fix.

Whilst deleting the AppStudio-WindowsLocation7.dll file appears to resolve the issue, this is not the recommended approach and may cause other unforeseen issues or crashes.

Phil.

0 Kudos
CoMAGOL_ADMINISTRATOR
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the update, i have location disabled on Windows 10, and working fine. It is disabled on Windows 7, on which it crashes

I agree deleting dll's is not a good thing - i had a look at early - only only late December version

Rudy