Data Driven Pages: Layer is excluded from the clip, but layer labeling isn't...

02-01-2011 09:24 AM
Occasional Contributor III
In my data driven pages setup, I have chosen to clip most of my data to a feature in the dataframe. One layer, however, is permitted to extend beyond the clip, and I would like those features beyond the clip to be labeled. Arc allows me to exclude the layer successfully, but will not draw its labels outside the clip polygon. How can I address this?  Thank you!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
A possible workaround is to convert your labels to annotation and then exclude the annotation layer.  Other grabbing at straws suggestions include converting the layer to a different file format and seeing if it works or using the Page Definition Query.
0 Kudos
MichaelStead
Occasional Contributor III
Convert labels to GDB annotation layer and then use the clip polygon as a selection area to delete the labels within or just try the clip layer as a mask in advanced drawing options and preserve the full anotation layer for other maps.
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
I have the exact opposite problem! Annotations and features with representation symbology show past the data frame, with a clip defined as a topo map boundary. No, they are NOT excluded! No matter what I do, even reinstalled SP2, tried with different map documents, annotation and representation symbology ignores any clip options set in data frame properties!
0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello,

This is a known issue (NIM065009) and the planned fix will be for 10.1.  We are only able to reproduce the issue for group layers.

If you are having a problem with non-group layers, please send me (jbarrette@.esri.com) a map package so I can look into it further.

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos