Missing Image Icon in Reports

04-05-2018 05:57 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I am generating reports from data collected in Survey123. In my survey, the user has an option of including a photo and a sketch. In my report template, I have included a section where these photos/sketch can be displayed. In March, when I ran the report, if a user did not submit a photo, the area is blank. Now, there is an icon in the area with a red exclamation point. I understand the need to say "no photo submitted". Is there any way to get rid of the icon before/while the report is generated?

I have also tried several ways to include a default image in the survey for the photos/sketch that says something like, "no photo included". I used it in the Default and Calculation Columns with no luck. Any ideas how to do this?

If I was the only one generating these reports, I wouldn't have an issue with the icon, I would just delete it in Word. But I could have a lot of people running these reports. Some may see the icon, think something's wrong, and not have confidence in the tool (even though we explain the reason for the icon). Many will not have Word or may be running these reports on a tablet then e-mailing them, etc.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

I see the red exclamation icon that you are referring to, and I have gone ahead and made note of your concerns in our internal backlog.  At this time, there is not a workaround to provide a default image in place of the missing image, however, I will update you with any updates that evolve.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and how it affects your workflow.

Brandon

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, Brandon

0 Kudos