AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solution: Print GP service not printing cached basemap (AGS 10.5.1)

Question asked by rastrauch Champion on Apr 4, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 by rastrauch
  • New setup:  ArcGIS Server 10.5.1  (non-federated)
  • Basemaps are non-secure cached services (JPEG) using the v2 of the compact cache format
  • "operational" layers are dynamic,  (tried adding a cached layer just to test but it didn't like that)
  • I have a proxy in place, and it is working for the web site and for accessing my secure services
  • All layers are in Alaska Albers, so reproject is not involved.

All layers show on my JS web page as expected.  I set up the 10.5.1 print GP service following instructions found 

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.5/get-started/windows/tutorial-publishing-additional-services-for-printing.htm 

and the print service itself seems to be working. (currently set to sync, received AGS log error if async, even though I am not using Portal or Pro)

I think I have everything setup the same way as I do on my 10.2.2 AGS server. 

-The 10.2.2 server prints the base map with no issues.

-The 10.5.1 server prints all except the based map.

I have seen several threads about basemap not printing in Flex app, but this is JS.  The other thread I have reviewed is Cached basemap not fully loading in layout view but there was no answer int hat thread yet.

BTW - I am currently working with JS v3.10, which I know is old, but does work with every thing else so far, except maybe printing basemaps in 10.5.1.  I haven't taken the time to update my JS to a newer version....that may take some work since the html format messes up...and I'm short on time.  I have not yet played with things in the JS sandbox online since our 10.5.1 servers are still inside the firewall.  

I think we have all the patches that may effect this install (the GP one).  I see there is a Basemap patch for Portal, but again, this is ArcGIS Server, non-federated, so I do not think that applies.  For the record,below is the result of "check for updates"

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

--------------------------------

EDIT:  some additional testing, which leads me to think this is a bug.

Above is based on:

1. AGS 10.5.1 custom GP Print service
  2. AGS 10.5.1 tiled map service  in 10.5.1 compact format (v2)
  3. a working proxy

• If I switch out #1 above with the the working GP Print service from 10.2.2 ... does not work
  • If I switch out #1 and the #2 for the same on 10.2.2 ...does not work
  • if I leave #1 as 10.5.1 and switch out #2 with the map service from 10.2.2...IT WORKs

So, I think is it an issue with the cached map serivces in 10.5.1 (I tried more than one cached map service).  I am not sure if it is the cached map service in general of or  the v2 compact format.

I will put in a tech support ticket and report back....but if anyone else has run into this issue and/or found a solution, I would appreciate the info.  Thanks

Outcomes