Reverse Geocoding: locationToAddress missing forStorage parameter

04-03-2018 10:27 AM
TravisSparks1
New Contributor

Hello,

We're implementing geocoding and reverse-geocoding using the Locator class in version 3.23 of the API.  The addressToLocations method allows specifying a forStorage value in order to persist the results of the operation when using the World Geocoding service, but I can't find any way to do the same with the locationToAddress method.

Is there some other way to indicate that the results of the reverse geocode operation are for storage and should consume the required credits?  Can we use the Locator class for this, or do we need to use the reverseGeocode method of the REST service directly?

Thanks,

Travis

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BhavinSanghani
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Travis,

Could you find the solution of this? I have the same questions. I do not find a way to pass forStorage: true in locationToAddress for paid world geocode service.

0 Kudos
TravisSparks1
New Contributor

Unfortunately, no, we never found a solution to this.  We're planning to revise our geocoding functionality to use direct REST service requests to the geocode service (instead of using the locator task) so that we can have better control over free and paid operations.

0 Kudos
BhavinSanghani
Occasional Contributor II

I used REST service to control on the paid operation and asked ESRI support to submit a bug.

0 Kudos