Survey 123 - change Inbox label and hint?

04-04-2018 07:12 AM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Is there any way to modify the UI of a survey to show a different label for the Inbox? Our users find it counterintuitive to select 'Inbox' rather than 'Collect' when they are collecting new measurements for an established point - it has caused many mistakes. For example, if we could change the UI to display 'New site' for Collect and 'New Measurement' for Inbox I think it would clear up a lot of problems. We are using Survey 123 Connect to author surveys from xls forms. Thanks, cob

4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charles,

Currently, changing the labels of UI elements is only available if you were to create a customized version of Survey123 and either run that through AppStudio Player or deploy as it's own application.  

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks James. So how can I create the customized version - do I need the pay-extra version of AppStudio?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charles,

Yes, it would use AppStudio Desktop, which requires an ArcGIS for Developer subscription.  

Also, I've recorded your request as a potential enhancement to look into - we've had another, similar request, but it would require some determination of how much can/should be customized, and may have some follow on effects, especially in terms of internationalization.

MauriceLapierre1
New Contributor II
0 Kudos