Arcade Labeling

Jump to solution
04-03-2018 09:55 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am creating a label expression in Pro using Arcade. Are there any tags or functions in arcade to make part of the label text bold?

Looking for something similar to the <BOL>[Field1]</BOL> tags that are available in VBscript. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You can use something similar in Arcade:

"<BOL>" + $feature.Field1 + "</BOL>"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
XanderBakker

You can use something similar in Arcade:

"<BOL>" + $feature.Field1 + "</BOL>"
KaylaFlamm
New Contributor III

Is this possible in ArcGIS Online as well? I just tried it and it doesn't seem like it works, but perhaps I'm missing something.

XanderBakker

In ArcGIS Online you cannot use these codes. You can style the pop-up using custom HTML instead of normal fields display. 

LindsayKing1
New Contributor III

Xander,

Do you know if using these codes will be possible in AGOL in the future?  I am currently using an arcade expression in a webmap popup configuration to return a number of fields from a related table based on this post, and I would like to be able to format (bold, in this case) the values from one of the returned fields.  Since there are multiple fields being returned, I am not aware of a way to style it using custom HTML in a way that would only apply to one of the fields.

Thanks,

Lindsay

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi Lindsay King , 

I assume that the HTML formatting that can be used in ArcGIS Pro, will also be possible in AGOL, since it does not make sense that this formatting disappears when you publish it to AGOL. I do not know when this will be available. There is a big update of the web map coming very soon, but it might not include this feature yet.

You can format the pop-up applying colors, but this will probably require multiple expressions. Can you provide a visual example of what you want to achieve?

0 Kudos