Esri React App

04-02-2018 04:58 AM
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III

I just created a React boilerplate to create React application with the ArcGIS JS API. This template is using the famous Create-React-App tool. You can know forget about configure anything to make the ArcGIS API working with Webpack, Babel, Jest, etc ...

To start, you just need to have node.js installed and run the following lines of command:

npx create-react-app esri-app --scripts-version=esri-react-scripts

cd esri-app

npm start

You are now ready to create your React application without any configuration and lot of useful features !

What's the boilerplate is providing ?

• React, JSX, ES6, and Flow syntax support.
  • Language extras beyond ES6 like the object spread operator.
  • Autoprefixed CSS, so you don’t need `-webkit` or other prefixes.
  • A fast interactive unit test runner with built-in support for coverage reporting.
  • A live development server that warns about common mistakes.
  • A build script to bundle JS, CSS, and images for production, with hashes and sourcemaps.
  • An offline-first service worker and a web app manifest meeting all the Progressive Web App criteria.
  • Hassle-free updates for the above tools with a single dependency.

Read the Readme for more : GitHub - g3r4n/create-esri-react-app: Create React apps + ESRI JS API with no build configuration. 

Now we can start building/share component for the ArcGIS JS API without having to care about the stack to develop it.

Let me know what you think about it (or what you would love to see in it) by opening an issue on GitHub or DM on Twitter or contact me by email.

Cheers,

Enguerrand des Vaux

GitHub : g3r4n (Enguerrand des Vaux) · GitHub 

Twitter : g3r4n      (@g3r4n) | Twitter 

Mail : enguerrand@des-vaux.fr

1 Reply
RhysDonoghue1
New Contributor

Nice one Enguerrand!!

0 Kudos