Large Legend

Jump to solution
03-29-2018 12:55 PM
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

So this is more of a cartography question I guess but I have a layer that has over 200 unique features and I want to simply add the legend to the backside of that map. It is map that I must have available to print out. Is their anyway for me to accomplish this within ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

The size should be manageable, although sometimes a bit slow if still a dynamic legend. I have created similarly sized legends though. If the legend needs to be on its own page, I guess you can convert it to graphics and copy/paste it to another layout. Admittedly I have not yet attempted this in Pro, but the ability to convert to graphics of dynamic legends also exists in ArcMap.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

The size should be manageable, although sometimes a bit slow if still a dynamic legend. I have created similarly sized legends though. If the legend needs to be on its own page, I guess you can convert it to graphics and copy/paste it to another layout. Admittedly I have not yet attempted this in Pro, but the ability to convert to graphics of dynamic legends also exists in ArcMap.

AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

"I guess you can convert it to graphics and copy/paste it to another layout." This is what I was planning to do, I just wanted to here some other possibilities.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It seems like Marco's solution is the most straightforward/easiest.  Always go with the easiest solution:)

Since a layout is one page, yet you want to create something that is 1 layout but two pages (front and back when printed) the only way that I can think to do that would be to create a 2-page map series, meaning that you'd have to create an index layer, potentially with a dummy index feature for the second page... and then you get the legend on the first page as well... er, see what I mean.  Try Marco's suggestion:)